At Austin Bluffs Dental, restore your smile back to its best with crown & bridge treatment.
Crowns and bridges are permanent, fixed, prosthetic devices that are used to fix broken teeth or fill the gaps of missing teeth. A dental crown can be used to strengthen a natural tooth, or improve the aesthetic appearance of one. At Austin Bluffs Dental, we will work to ensure the color and shape of the crown match those of your natural teeth.
A crown is likely your best option if:
- A large filling needs replacing, and not enough natural tooth is left behind
- A weak tooth needs to be protected from fracturing
- A fractured tooth needs to be restored
- A bridge needs to be attached
- A dental implant needs to be covered
- A poorly colored or misshapen tooth needs to be covered
- A root canal treatment needs to be covered
A dental bridge is generally recommended if you are missing one or more teeth. If gaps left from missing teeth are not filled, the remaining teeth may shift and induce further alignment problems, which can in turn lead to gum disease and TMJ disorders.
Bridges span the length of the gap caused by missing teeth, and are cemented to natural teeth or crowns on either end, creating a permanent fixture. As with crowns, the bridges will be matched to create aesthetic uniformity.
If maintained and treated properly, crowns and bridges can last a lifetime. Good oral hygiene habits, like brushing and flossing regularly, and routine visits to the dentist, will promote longevity of your crowns and bridges.
Make an appointment today to determine the next steps in receiving crowns or bridges.